MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT TO YOUR LIFE AND THE LIFE OF OTHERS.
Being a local independent charity, we rely heavily on the support of the local community to carry on providing clubs and activities, welfare support and campaigning issues on your behalf. By becoming a member you are helping us to do more and be more.
We have developed a 3 tier membership for you to consider.
- This is automatically given to those with a learning disability who are involved with Purple Oak Support.
- It entitles basic members to access all of our services and facilities as beneficiaries under the objects of the organisation. This membership has no voting rights at any Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting.
- Applicants must live within the identified boundary of Purple Oak Support as set out in our Memorandum and Articles of Association
- This is open to any person meeting the above criteria including those with a learning disability.
- This membership has full voting rights at any Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting to those full members over the age of 18.
- All members of the Board of Trustees must hold a full membership.
- Employees cannot be full members of Purple Oak Support, as stated in the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Supporters can be anyone wishing to support the aims and objectives of Purple Oak Support (including members of staff).
- This membership has no voting rights at any Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting.
Benefits of Membership
By becoming a member, you are supporting the aims and objectives of Purple Oak Support and offers you the opportunity to influence.
- Attend Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary General Meetings (voting rights for full members).
- Hold full membership and have the opportunity to become a Trustee (subject to the application process), unless otherwise stated in the Articles of Association and Memorandum i.e. members of staff.
- Involve yourself in feedback via forums, charitable activities or by contacting Purple Oak Support.
- Receive regular updates of our work and activities including issues relating to learning disabilities and carers issues.
- Volunteer and participate in activities or fundraising.
- Get involved with campaigning on learning disability and carers issues i.e. writing letters to MP, online petitions etc.
- Become one of three annually elected Community Ambassadors and represent Purple Oak Support in the community.
Application for Membership
- Full members and Supporter Members must complete an application form.
- Records will be kept in line with the legal requirements of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) this may require a renewal form on an annual basis to comply. We would ask you complete these forms as we are not allowed to keep your information without your permission.
For a copy of our Membership form please email email@example.com